Friday, February 08, 2008

Strep Throat again!!

Little Man was sick last night. I called home on the way from class and Shane said that Little Man fell asleep on the way home from town. While he was dealing with him and putting him to bed, Shygirl had a crying jig. First one!! Shane talked to her for a long time about things and asked her if she wanted him to pray. She said "Yes" real excitedly. She was worried once she was back with her family that she couldn't go to church. Shane asked her if she liked going to our church and she said "Yes, very much". It was so good to hear that.

FD brought a few skirts for Shygirl but they were all too big. I appreciate them though. I may take a couple up. We'll see how me and the sewing machine get along. She really likes living here. She misses her family, but I think she likes the solitude a little bit. Each time I've spoken on the phone with her family it sounds like a zoo there.

She is so polite and just very sweet natured. The first few days Little Man was all up in her face, but he has calmed down. He does like to do everything she does. If she wants Dr. Pepper, he does too. If she has a certain item, he wants it too. It is just so amazing. I don't think I was quite that bad with my brother. Of course he was only 2 years older than I was.


Little Man's last paperwork for his adoption was sent back yesterday. We had to sign our John Henry's at least 30 times. But, now it goes to the Clerk of Ct. and should be final by next week. He will then be a Gilleon. He chose to change to his middle name to Shane. It was Joe. He kind of wanted to change his first name, but we talked and everyone knows him as his name, so we are gonna keep it that way.

2 comments:

Always Faith said...

awww...poor little guy. i'm sorry. I hope he feels better soon. And I'm so glad shygirl is enjoying her stay. That is great! Hey I found another skirt that is a lot smaller...i think MAYBE it will fit. it's not jean, but it's cute.....i'll bring it sunday if any of ya'll are able to get out. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Wow...how exciting! I've never heard of an adoption going so quickly. Thank the Lord!