Friday, November 28, 2008

It's a first!

I have never been to Black Friday before. I've always wanted to see for myself, but never have. Shane and I have talked about it in the last few years, but never seem to get out of the comfy bed to go.

So, me and my BFF Tiff are gonna go this year. Don't know if we can fight the crowd to the get the deals or not but we are sure gonna try.

We had a good Thanksgiving Day, but that all day cooking was devoured in less than an hour and put away in less than 2. All that hard work. I must say, my mashed taters that the family loves were very good. I'm not bragging or anything, but my ma's taters are the best. You would think after that big meal that a body wouldn't get hungry forever. My stomach is a growling at 4:25 am and I can say I'm a tad hungry.

Well, I'm a gonna get off here and kiss the hubby bye and be off to shop till we drop.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I've been shopping on Black Friday before and didn't have the heart to do it again this year. Best wishes to you and Tiff, though.

the nightingale said...

We've shopped on the day after Thanksgiving before, and there are always some great deals on that are unbelievable. Love JC Penney's that day! Good luck! Hope you find some great bargains. Let us know how you did.*smile*

Nikki said...

I had a blast. I got great deals. Got a GPS for $95. We originally had the same one for $160. Got the boys several things on sale.Even bought myself a coat for $8 at Walmart. We had such a good time. I was home by 8:30 and we went everywhere. Walmart, Goodys, Big Lots, Belks, Hibbetts Sports, and Bath and Body Works. I'd do it again. Got home with breakfast from McD's and noone was awake

Mandy D. said...

You go girl ! I've never done the early shopping either . I'm glad you got the good deals .

Jen said...

I've only ventured out once for the Black Friday sales. They had a really good deal on a flat screen TV last year. It fit perfect into hubbys semi truck. I was 7 months pregnant too LOL. Yea, that was WAY to early and to hectic. It was fun (cause I actually got to leave the house alone), but I think I'll pass till my kids are older...