Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day!!

It comes so quick every year. I have been up since 9 cooking this morning. I have had fun cooking, but I am glad I don't have to do this everyday.
I have made:

  • broccoli casserole
  • scalloped corn
  • raspberry pie
  • peeled potatoes for mashed taters
  • put a turkey and ham in the oven
Chris brought mac-n-cheese over and pumpkin pies.

I have been a busy beaver. Shane took Torry to a hunting site. I took the opportunity to make our beds and clean up the boys room while ET was preoccupied with a ATV game.

Well, I guess I'll get off here and get myself ready before all these items have to go in the oven and get the table ready for the family in law to come over. I so wish my parents could be here. They are at home with none of their children. THey'll see my brother and sis in law and kids this weekend. My little brother had other plans. I'm glad I got to see them last weekend. We didn't get to visit much cause of revival, but all is good.

Talk at ya later.

4 comments:

Always Faith said...

Mmmm...i thought about broccoli casserole but tossed that idea cuz my green hating guys wouldn't eat it...LOL!! Hope you have a good day!!

Nikki said...

We did! The family actually stayed for 2 hours.

Unknown said...

You have been busy. My cooking assignment way soooo easy this year. All I had to make for our get together was deviled eggs, cranberry sauce and rolls. Seeing as how you don't really 'cook' any of that, I got out too easy. The food was excellent, though.

the nightingale said...

Hey! you actually cooked those things yourself with the children in tow? Great job! I didn't get that much done as I would've liked to have. You inspire me. *smile* Hope your holiday was a good one!