Friday, January 02, 2009

Indiana

Indiana was quite interesting to say the least this year. We arrived there the Saturday before Christmas and that evening and into the next day we did not have power because of all the ice. It was very cold. Dad got the generator that he just bought a week prior and put it to use. We did stay farely warm with the generator and heat stove out in the guest room.

The boys definitely loved the snow. We went to Meijers(love that store) and bought a new sled. They didn't have much snow, but ice to play in. The sled slid good over the ice. With no power, we patronized several restaurants. I love the ole famouse King Gyros. Yum!!!!

My boys were pretty good considering they had to be cooped up in the house for so long with all my mom's pretties. Way to much pretties for two little boys that are full of energy. One time the light sabers went a swinging in the living room. Ma about had a heart attack. Dad played alot with the boys when he could. In between keeping us warm, and trying to keep the church pipes from freezing, he was real busy. It was way below zero for several days.

My parents van was acting up too. Some rattling noise that at times was unbearable. We had a trip planned and had to come back cause of the van.

I hope to get some pix on here if I can get my hubby to upload the camera. I could probably learn, but I'm afraid of messing it up.

Nate and Tracy got there the Friday before we had to leave on Saturday. Torry and ET loved playing with their cousins. We had to have an extra table this year for the children. My mom's table only fits 10 comfortably. We now have 12 all together.

I was glad to see my grandparents again. My grandpa is failing fast. He went up to bed early for the first time ever. He at one point did not know that he was in his own house. I cried. Mom said he couldn't find the bathroom. He opened several doors in the hallway before mom wondered what he was doing. She had to tell him which door. So sad. That's his own house that he and his sons designed. I know he's getting older, but I hated to see that. My grandma squeezed my neck ever so hard. I love her bunches. I miss them terrible. I used to go once a month and visit them.

Well, I suppose. Laundry is calling. Better get done before I have to take Torry to ball practice. The story of our lives. Run, run, run!!!!

3 comments:

the nightingale said...

Glad you got to go see your folks, and sorry for the inconveniences the weather brought to your plans. Sounds like your boys had a great time in spite of everything that may not have gone quite as planned. I'm glad to hear that you still have grandparents. They can add so much to one's life that you don't always realize. Great seeing you back, girl!

Always Faith said...

I know it's busy, but I'm really glad to see another post! *GRIN* Christmas kinda seemed a bit "off" for our family, too...nothing went as planned...but OH WELL!

Mandy D. said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip . It's always sad to leave . I'm sorry your grandpa isn't doing well . I know that's hard especially when you live so far away . Happy New Year !